Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hammer Time! (Part 2)

This must be some kind of record... it's only mid-February and I've almost finished three Christmas present projects already! The 6mm FUBAR! army is painted, the fleet-scale Star Wars reinforcements are done, and now my 28mm Hammer's Slammers blowers from Old Crow are all-but-completed too.

Work in progress - some weathering on hull and chipping on the skirts

Badab Black washes on hull


Above, the almost-finished blowers. I weathered the hulls some more with GW Badab Black and Gryphonne Sepia washes, and applied decals (custom-made for me by Sparetime Hobbies while I waited yesterday - thanks to Pete and to Conscript Kevin H for the tip!) to the skirts, then proceeded to weather the bejeezus out of them... mainly with a "chipping" technique and mud brybrushes.



I think they came out OK, all I'm waiting for now are the Lion Rampant decals from Ginfritter's Gnomish Workshop so I can complete the Slammers livery. Oh, and I have to paint the commander for "D16". Once that's done it's "look out Gunschwarm" when FuturKom's hired guns roll out...

8 comments:

Greg B said...

This just in from Gun Schwarm: zoiks!

MIK said...

These look awesome, granoo!

Martin said...

Those blowers look spectacular! I've always thought they look a bit too "flat" but the added stowage takes care of that little problem. Where is it from by the way? FoW stuff?

Just might have to get a couple of my own. :)

Dallas said...

Thanks guys! Martin, these are the 25mm blowers - they come with the stowage right from Old Crow. The turret bustle racks are PE brass (also included) and the stowage bits are one-piece castings. The large rolled tarps are from Forgeworld.

Chris said...

I love the weathering on them, and the stenciled markings.

Lead Legion said...

I love the shiny metal effect. Very nice. And the blowers look fantastic too.

Kevin H said...

Those do look pretty sweet! I'm guessing Pete is going to be getting a lot more business from us in the future! ;-)

Don M said...

Sweet!